Unfortunately, The Fire Museum is not currently hosting or booking any events including children's birthday parties. Please continue to check this web page for updated information. We appreciate your understanding. For any questions please email Max Sterling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthday Rental Fee
Admission to museum up to 40 guests. Adults and children Included.
All children receive plastic fire hat as souvenir.
Private party room, kitchen with mircrowave, refrigerator and freezer
Host family responsible for food and drink. Alcohol is NOT permitted
Any additional decorations (including table cloths, balloons etc)
No charge for use of our (6) six foot rectangle tables and 40 stackable chairs. No Personal Checks - Visa, Master Card, Money Order or Cash. Credit card information required for all phone reservations. Reservations may also be made in person with a $50.00 cash or credit deposit. All deposits will be applied to total balance due the day of the party.
To ensure the best experience for all birthday parties we ask you to adhere to the following:
• Please arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the start of your party to allow time for check-in and decoration. Check-in is located at the gift shop register.
• Stay within the time frame as indicated in your event contract. All birthday parties are scheduled for a 1 hour 30 minute time block. (Not 1 hour 30 minutes from the time of your arrival or the arrival of your guests.) In the interest of other groups, staff, and birthday parties it is important that you arrive and vacate the party area as scheduled. Not adhering to scheduled times may result in additional fees being assessed.
• If you require additional admission wristbands, above the 40 provided to each party, the best time to purchase these is at check-in for $5.00 each. All guests regardless of age must wear a wrist band.
• Any re-entry into the museum after the conclusion of birthday party will require the purchase of general admission tickets for all guests.
• The customer assumes all risks related to any activity or event located at or within The North Charleston American LaFrance Fire Museum.
• A docent/ tour guide will assist you with any questions/concerns that may arise. However, the docent/ tour guide will not assist in the serving of food or drinks. It is your responsibility to ensure proper clean up is maintained throughout the party and that all trash is placed in proper receptacles. The docent/ tour guide will help control the flow of the party and inform guests when to move from exhibit hall to party room but it is ultimately the responsibility of the host and parents to supervise all attendees.
• The remaining balance of your birthday party must be paid-in-full at the end of your party. Methods of payment: Cash, Master Card, Visa, American Express and Traveler Checks.
• No banners, flags or signs maybe affixed to the museum without prior written approval from museum management.
• Reservation Deposit: $50.00 deposit due at time of booking. The deposit will be applied to the balance. North Charleston Fire Museum requires 48 hour notice of cancellation for deposits to be refunded. Deposit payments are non-refundable after the 48 hour cancelation period but may be applied to a rescheduled date. Credit cards may be charged for the entire amount if party is not canceled within 24 hours. NO exceptions to this rule.
• City of North Charleston and the North Charleston Fire Museum may cancel any party at any time due to natural disaster, weather emergencies or operational exigencies.
• Children must be supervised at all times. Drop Off/ Pick Up parties are not permitted.
• Event area(s)/equipment must be left in the same condition in which found. Put litter in trash receptacles.
• Permanent furniture/equipment and decorations must not be moved or disturbed.
• Bulletins, banners, etc may be affixed to indoor surfaces ONLY with 3M Command Hooks and Strips. Any damage to walls or building from affixing signs or banners will be the responsibility of the rental party.
• The Fire Museum or the City of North Charleston is not responsible for personal property/equipment.
• Organizers will be held responsible to pay for excessive clean up or damage to buildings/grounds/equipment.
Liability: Event organizer/s shall hold the City of North Charleston harmless from any and all damages, loss, or liability occurring by reason of any injury to person or property caused by an act or omission, neglect, or wrongdoing of the Event organizers or any of its officers, agents, representatives, guests, employees, invites, or persons contracting with the Event, and Event organizer/s will at their own cost and expense, defend and protect the City of North Charleston against any and all such claims and demands. Your signature indicates that you agree to comply and will relay to organizers the regulations and fees of the contract.